Does Anyone On Here Care...that TF is out?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

Elberfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Playing Guitar-Cycling-All Types of Music-Reading
I was just wondering if anyone on this site actually cared that TF is now officially out of 3EB. I don't...

Daniel

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Watching the sky
"oh... that sucks.... so anyways..."
webmaster | www.kevincadogan.com | ?EB | Bring back George.
Please be kind to all members - click Posted Image on posts that are kind and helpful!

ERICHON99

The Law

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

I was just wondering if anyone on this site actually cared that TF is now officially out of 3EB. I don't...

not really, hope he's okay and stuff, but i won't really be following his post-3eb career.

Travis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, guitar, ukulelee, music, movies...and so on.

"oh... that sucks.... so anyways..."

Yeah I could careless. They've been on a steady decline for years. This recent album totally sucked all around. Though I can't imagine them getting any worse i guess? ha But w/e I just downloaded that album from limewire so no real loss.

Daniel

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
i got mine from thepiratebay.... i will say ive probably bought blue and s/t 5 times each over the years.... ive lost multiple cd's... i also downloaded on itunes when ipods became all the rage.
Please be kind to all members - click Posted Image on posts that are kind and helpful!

Elberfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

not really, hope he's okay and stuff, but i won't really be following his post-3eb career.

I know, right? I can't understand why all the newer 3EB fans are looking forward to his solo stuff when about 80% of his stuff with the band was shit. Have you seen the Myspace page for his solo project?! I fucking fell on the floor laughing...he had to create this whole semi-concept-album-back-story bullshit to justify coming out with a shred album in 2010. Clever, but transparent.

The funniest part about this whole thing is that all these fans who think they "discovered" 3EB when they pulled OOTV out of the bargain bin see him as being part of the "true" 3EB--which I can't understand at all. One dude on Assembly even said that TF should be seen as the real, "original" guitarist from the band and that KC just "contributed" (!!!). People on that site claim that TF has respect for KC and has lauded his work, but everything I've ever read Tony say about Kevin has been backhanded and patronizing.

The last time I saw the band, I almost threw up watching Tony hack his way through "Wounded"--he struck all these guitar-god poses as if he composed the song himself. At one point he was doing a trill with his fretting hand and pointing at said hand with his other hand as if to say, "watch this." I was offended. "Wounded" carries a very personal meaning for me (and a lot of other people as well): someone I was involved with was raped and to see him act so cavalier during a song that has such gravitas made me sick. Thank heaven for Kevin's "Wounded" lesson--he caressed that song and played it with love while still managing to throw in that unbelievable solo...that video made me want to listen to that song again.

I understand the compulsion to rock out, but at least do it with some respect for both the composer of the tune and respect for the subject matter. Here is an early example of what I'm talking about--same kinda thing as I mentioned above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jfKEE4VJ_g

If you're reading this Kevin, what was up with that?!

ANYWAY...rant over...

Daniel

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
i almost threw up when my wife and i saw third eye blind at duke, tony was attempting wounded, doing the same type of guitar god bullcrap, all the while totally hacking up wounded, and losing a whole year.

i just found out that third eye blind are coming back here in a few weeks to ELON college, thought about going to investigate the new girl on guitar, but i think i have better things to do, they also want like $30 a ticket or so for that... i dont think so. i think this new version of 3eb will be the final nail in the coffin, and stephen will split off and do shitty solo songs.

the best course of action is to make amends with kevin and try to get the old spark back, one question i have been wanting to ask kevin on here is if stephen approached him and make amends if kevin would actually go back, but ive held back just because i dont think this will ever happen. i also dont believe kevin should go back if the situation called for it. i look forward to kevins studio work coming up, and like tony, i am totally ignoring 3eb's last effort. boo.

Travis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

The funniest part about this whole thing is that all these fans who think they "discovered" 3EB when they pulled OOTV out of the bargain bin see him as being part of the "true" 3EB--which I can't understand at all. One dude on Assembly even said that TF should be seen as the real, "original" guitarist from the band and that KC just "contributed" (!!!). People on that site claim that TF has respect for KC and has lauded his work, but everything I've ever read Tony say about Kevin has been backhanded and patronizing.

Honestly I thought they pulled off a good OOTV album...it wasn't nearly what i was expecting had the group stayed the same after blue, but they didn't completely fail except with sales. And like I don't know I'm over hearing the argument about TF like who freakin' cares what his opinion is. Kevin parted ways with the band, and got his deal, which may not be all fair, but life moves on. We got the benefit of him making some awesome albums that we otherwise would not of heard had they not parted ways. As far as I'm concerned there is no 3EB anymore, but I'm not going to criticize, and argue about whether or not TF had respect for him because w/e yah know... doesn't even matter.

Elberfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
OOTV didn't completely blow...The few good songs from that record (except "Faster") were all on "A Collection"; all of whose inclusion was one of the only aspects of that record which "got it right."

Most of the musical highlights on that record, for me anyway, came from Arion and Brad.

But, c'mon: using the "Narcolepsy" tuning for "Forget Myself" and not giving props to KC? Tacky.

Travis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

OOTV didn't completely blow...The few good songs from that record (except "Faster") were all on "A Collection"; all of whose inclusion was one of the only aspects of that record which "got it right."

Most of the musical highlights on that record, for me anyway, came from Arion and Brad.

But, c'mon: using the "Narcolepsy" tuning for "Forget Myself" and not giving props to KC? Tacky.

Yeah the whole tuning thing they had going on OOTV I found interesting..because it was like they were trying to keep 3eb looking the same, and make people think ...see, TF really did write a lot of the songs on the initial record..but w/e ha.

ERICHON99

The Law

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I appreciate your insights Kevin! I didn't know Tony's Irish? I thought he was of Italian descent. I guess he's a little mixed. I agree though that he has a good rythmic style. His reputation is strong in the shred world from what I've read. Doesn't do it for me personally.

bluewintermoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:vintage awesomeness.
I think Tony's issues involved not getting credit for some songs he wrote, leading to not being paid for said songs, which is something that apparently SJ loooooooooooooves to screw people on. SJ took credit for co-writing a song that has no fucking lyrics, and was written (with Arion!!!) while he was off pretending to be an actor and a fashionista and didn't give a shit about putting out a record in a timely fashion. Kevin, I think Tony was trying to contact you for something that I think will be well worth it if it manages to happen... I don't want to say anything on a public forum but if it happens I am definitely on the side that will give SJ what he deserves!

Tony is not Irish, Kevin was talking about the new replacement touring guitarist, Kryz Reid. Haven't seen him, but I'm thinking about going to a show so I can actually have facts to back me up when I say the new 3eb sucks, lol.

The thing that the fans who don't go back as far as we do don't understand is that when Kevin was booted, NOBODY SAID ANYTHING. There was no statement from the band saying what happened, and all of a sudden here's this other guy. We had no fucking clue what was going on. As much as some people hated Tony just because he was Kevin's replacement, he really tried hard to keep the fans involved with and interested in the band. Sometimes, he would be the only one who would come out after the show to take pictures and sign autographs. He became tightly connected with the internet community, and made an effort to answer as many questions as he could about the band, the music, what's up SJ's ass, lol... I can honestly say, being around this band as long as I have and knowing what I do from personal experience, it was Tony that kept everything from falling apart when Arion left.

If you go onto 3eb.com right now and look at all the comments on that Spring Tour blog, you'll see that people HAAAAAAAAAATE Stephan Jenkins, and they are stating that if there is no Tony, there is no 3eb... and that's not taking ANYTHING away from Kevin, it's just that since Arion's departure, Tony was the one trying to keep shit together. Tony is not the bad guy, he did what he could. Stephan Jenkins is just fucking evil.

But anyway, I know this isn't a Tony board -- I love Kevin and Tony both -- but I just hope that the more pro-Kevin fans don't throw Tony into the same sinking ship that SJ has been captaining for the last 10 years.

Daniel

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
Seeing Kevin and Tony together would be weird, and awkward.... like seeing the commercial on TV with George Bush and Bill Clinton sitting next together. I happen to disagree with Tony contacting Kevin, afterall, Tony hasn't spoken to Kevin in YEARS.... why would he do something to benefit Kevin now? I've had this conversation already, I just think its stupid. I hope Tony has a fantastic time with his shred band, I happen to think that him going all over the internet throwing 3EB guys under the bus showed his character... It should have been a private discussion between him and Stephen or having lawyers handle it, but he took the lower road, so I don't blame anyone in 3EB for moving on now.

That being said, I HATE Stephen Jenkins, like a fat kid hates a diet plan and excersize, but I have been laying low, watching this situation play out, and I think theres more at fault than just Stephen Jenkins, it sounds like they all need to take a break for awhile and see what its like to have the band go tits up, and then maybe they will all value what they once had.

Twitch043

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I've put SJ below Axl Rose. LOVE both of their voices and songwriting. However, as people... Axl has his onstage crap, but SJ has just screwed over Kevin and Tony from what I've heard. It's ridiculous.

Elberfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Seeing Kevin and Tony together would be weird, and awkward.... like seeing the commercial on TV with George Bush and Bill Clinton sitting next together. I happen to disagree with Tony contacting Kevin, afterall, Tony hasn't spoken to Kevin in YEARS.... why would he do something to benefit Kevin now? I've had this conversation already, I just think its stupid. I hope Tony has a fantastic time with his shred band, I happen to think that him going all over the internet throwing 3EB guys under the bus showed his character... It should have been a private discussion between him and Stephen or having lawyers handle it, but he took the lower road, so I don't blame anyone in 3EB for moving on now.

That being said, I HATE Stephen Jenkins, like a fat kid hates a diet plan and excersize, but I have been laying low, watching this situation play out, and I think theres more at fault than just Stephen Jenkins, it sounds like they all need to take a break for awhile and see what its like to have the band go tits up, and then maybe they will all value what they once had.

That was my first reaction to the video: AWKWARD!!! A performance like that is called the doing the "jerk out"---acting like you're the shit when you're just...shit. ANYWAY

I had this whole long diatribe about TF typed out, but I just deleted it because thinking about it too much gives me a headache. I never liked him, not so much because he was "Kevin's replacement" but because it seemed to me like he started to believe the mythos surrounding his position in the band as created by Doug. I don't know how many times I read him saying that he was the "original" guitar player for 3EB. Yeah, well, that may literally be true, but we all know he's not the band's quintessential guitar player...

Things definitely weren't the same when Kevin was fired, but I think the band went completely tits up when Arion left. At this point SJ's beating a dead horse, but as long as little kids on Assembly kiss his ass and believe his bullshit, he'll keep on going...

Travis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I've listened to the new guy play. He's got solid rhythm, some interesting ideas..and he's Irish;) I for one am relieved someone else is interpreting my old music.... that they still play on tour when they are being all about the "future" ;). Its comical to me that people are upset someone else will be playing "Graduate", 'Wounded", "HIGB", "God Of Wine", "Background", or anything off of our two most popular albums, unless they actually believe he was the original composer which I guess is not surprising giving his participation in the deception to fans in this regard. I must say I only met Tony a few times and find it bizarre that he recently tried calling me when at the same time he as been out of touch with his fans who actually care about the situation he is in.

Hmm i wonder if he was calling you to tell you..."effin A man you were right....what an asshole!" lol But seriously I'm just like whatever about the whole thing. It's been 10 years now, and your music I find much more interesting than even the old third eye blind. If i count them, there's a lot more hit's off your albums ...than 3eb....that is had they really been put out there like the 3eb albums.

Oh and Daniel I totally agree with you about the picture of Bush and Clinton haha.

"At least I'll have a song to sing along to.."

ERICHON99

The Law

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
i've been so out of the loop that I didn't even know that 3eb has a new irish male guitarist. sorry about that

Daniel

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
so i guess the rumor about you 2 walking out of the studio together isnt true?

i heard you guys are re-recording gorgeous.....

rosewashere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Tony looks like a fool in that video.
I like Tonys interaction with the fans over the years but it seems like he's been working way too hard on getting the internet fanbase to turn against Stephan. Shady. It looks like he's been wanting the limelight for a long time. I don't believe that his interaction with fans has been sincere. Especially with his new little solo project, it shows what his motives have been. He waited too long though because no one even knows who Stephan Jenkins is anymore. Why would anyone care to know who Anthony Fredianelli is? He should have done this shit years ago.
Also, I think Tony has definitely felt embarrassed after irrationally exploding all of his feelings to his fans on the internet. That was completely unprofessional. Tony turned into a ticking time bomb during the tour last year. He was not into it and he was not happy. Brad and Stephan started becoming close buddies and Tony was drifting away from the band. Also, Tony has been making good money over the years so it says a lot that he's having so many financial problems. I didn't and still do not believe Tonys rant about Stephan not paying him. The reason I don't believe it coming from him is because his PR guy in the fall was messaging me every few days to tell me how pissed he was at Tony because Tony wasn't paying him. He kept saying he wanted to quit working for Tony and take him to court. Then a few months later, magically, the same thing happens to Tony? No fucking way.

Tony looked like he was practically begging to be able to stay in the band a few days ago when everything was said and done. I think Stephan and Brad were like fuck that. I wouldn't let him stay in the band after something like that either.

bluewintermoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:vintage awesomeness.
Kryz Reid is a hired gun, SJ won't let him say anything. For fuck's sake, it took months before SJ even acknowledged Leo Kremer's presence on stage! I can't tell you how many shows I'd been to where I'd hear people calling him Arion. Then again, that was also a show where I heard a girl exclaim, "I'm such a huge fan, I have both of their albums!" lol. Leo was a nice guy but he couldn't play worth a shit. He makes a great taco, though.

I think people would like to see Kevin play with Tony and Arion only as an ultimate FUCK YOU to SJ, but we all know it will never happen. But at least they would release more than two albums a fucking decade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users