Arion!

• You cannot reply to this topic
214 replies to this topic

SONIC INTERCEPT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
So this is totally exciting, Right? I'm surprised no one has started a thread about this already. I can't wait to tune into the chat and find out what Arion has been up to :teehee:

Kevin Cadogan

3EB/XEB Band Member

• Band Member
  • 266 posts
Please welcome Arion Salazar in the form of "Kanegon"!

Anguis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Fly-fishing, KTCK1310, Theology, OFP, cooking, barbecue, camping at national parks with my family, drinking with my wife
Looking forward to it - happy for y'all!

jet jaguar

3EB/XEB Band Member

• Band Member
  • 2 posts
wow-o this is pretty cool. its been a long time since i came to one of these thingies. well here i is Arion. Arion is back . Arion is front.

any way just wanted to come by and say hi... it was very surreal to see kevin like that.. literally like a half an hour window at the dmv in which we couldve met; and there we were at the same time. we traded numbers and kevin invited me to jam. Lo and behold kevin's jamming space is about ten minutes away from my house. I couldn't say no.

so first we had an intense balls out talk session for a while. we didnt really take our balls out, i just mean there was no skirting around some intense issues. and there was no bullshitting. honesty bombs were dropping right and left. i would say it was like a dr phil show, except dr phil creeps me out - so im gonna go old school and say it was more like a donahue. in all seriousness it was good to talk to kevin.

ive been very lucky to play with some amazing musicians in my life, even luckier to be in bands with a small group of them -kevin being one. we shared a unique experience. when it comes to that band; there is a lot of stuff no one but us and a few others can understand, many highs and lows. But first among the highs was creating and playing music together. and when we were rocking nothing could touch that feeling, for me at least. nothing.

so then we had a brief jam and it was rad. very natural. i swear i havent plugged a bass into an amp bigger than a lunch box in 5 years, so that alone was amazing. but it was a beautiful thing to play, to remember the feeling of playing with a great musician. thanks kev. im looking forward to rockin some more with him. after all, hes basically right down the street. :)

i miss talking to some of my old IM buddies, especially adam from the UK. hopefully that can change soonish.

for those of you at all interested in my personal life here tis'. yes i had my head up my arse for a good 2.5 years. however since jan '08 I have been a damn successful practioner of "healthy" and "clean" living. you would never know that, what with all of the nice people writing insightful things about me online. and with my good buds on their tours helping to spread the concern for my well being, and praying for my soul, etc. but hey, since i never came out to dispute this and that, i cant and wont complain. i just always figured it was a waste of energy to engage folks who knew f!*# all about what i was doing.

of course any well wishes from fans were cherished and are totally seperate from the cynicisym exhibited previously. i kept all the letters sent, though i lost some in my move. but they meant so much to me. this i mean very seriously. thank you :)

short story long; in mid-late '09, 2 things happened. a serious family situation required and continues to require a lot of my attention. and then i found out about some truly disheartning, shocking, super lame things involving my previous.... ummm... musical business negotiations(?) also requiring lots of attention. :(

but enough of that shit!

i've also been squirreling away songs , tracks, full demos and the like. so actually - i am gonna "be back" at some point soon. i will also "be front". but i dont wanna hype something thats not already mostly sussed, cos ive been put in that embarrassing position a few times before and i dont blame anyone for being skeptical of " EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT UPCOMING PROJECTS!" and i AM actually playing with kevin again. cool. and yes i have grown a little..ahem!..."larger". and seem to be cultivating a "crazed mountain man/ hispanic cult leader" look. but those things can change. change. yes we can. etc.

alright thanks to the chorus and y'all for letting me bend yer ear; looks like ive written a got dang novel.

i miss a lot of folks out there and i hope you are happy and well.

latex, arion

cadogansong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
great to see you alive, well, and rocking. B)

Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Bass, Guitar, Hand percussion, Composing, Conservation Biology, GIS, The Muppets,
A,

Soooooo good to hear from you and positive things. We've missed you so. You're always welcome to stop by TVCY and I could get you in contact with someone there if you don't still have your log-in info.

Also, a big thanks to KC being a part of all this as well.
-Mike (Salazar3eb)

Nightfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Arion - Fantastic to get an update after so long and to hear that you are doing ok. Great to hear that the jams with Kevin were enjoyable. Whatever comes from this, whether it's music we get to hear or not, all the best for the future...

Kevin - More studio quality tunes ASAP please! :thumbsup:

SONIC INTERCEPT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
HI Arion, It is sooooooo good to hear from you man, really. I've missed you. So glad you and Kevin ran into each other, what a trip huh? LOVIN' THIS! Happy Friday everyone! :teehee:

evr3eb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Very awesome to hear from you Arion....Miss you guys like crazy. Glad all is well. You have kick started my friday....awesomeness :)

John Stephens

XEB Band Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Arion, welcome back! Can't wait to see you destroy that bass like we all know only you do. You and Kevin on stage together is magic.

lookalivekid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:I dig music, books, touring, Scotch, contrarianism, Oxford commas, and schadenfreude.
He lives!

Great to hear you're doing well and still kicking around, dude.
Statements, opinions, and so-called "facts" expressed above are solely those of this poster's and do not necessarily reflect the views of rational human beings; you are welcome to wipe your ass with any portion of the post above at your leisure. Libelous and/or obscene comments are encouraged. Persons attempting to find a point in the preceding post will be shot.

Luke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Great to hear from you Arion. Can't wait to hear any new music.

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:Music is my life.
Arion, I am so happy that you are doing well, and I hope the family situation you speak of clears itself up. I can't explain how much joy is in my heart right now, knowing you and Kevin are playing together again. So much love ... keep the faith, keep kicking ass. Nothing else matters :-D
~ be a dream in color even on a winter's night ~

Nickel II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Arion - Welcome back man. I have to admit I hated your guts for a while back in the day after all that stuff went down, but I am super happy that you are back and you and Kevin have made up! If it means anything, I hated your guts less than SJ and BH. Sucks that you had to suffer perhaps some similar circumstances that Kevin did with them. Lessons learned and the wheels keep turning.

I couldn't believe it when I saw your picture and cannot wait to see some video and audio of you guys jamming. If this little reunion sticks, so be it and happy for all. If not, cool to hear things are for the most part cleared up.

Welcome back!

Steve291

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Arion Salazar! There you are man, wearing that beard like a boss! We have all been very concerned about how you were doing because its been a mad long time since you've been around. But all that matter's is your back and healthy and back to talking to the fans! Maybe more importantly, you're back with KC where you guys made magic together back in the day. I can't even begin to tell you how much an inspiration you and Kevin have meant to me in terms of music, so I thank you both. Best of luck with anything that goes on in your life and we look forward to hearing some tunes and reading what you have to say in the future. This is a great time.

mrcaseyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh man this is good. First we got to see Kevin play two weeks ago and now this. What awesome news to kick off the weekend. Welcome back Arion!!

Casey Benjamin

Nickel II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Oh man this is good. First we got to see Kevin play two weeks ago and now this. What awesome news to kick off the weekend. Welcome back Arion!!

Casey Benjamin

Did anyone ever post any reviews of Kevin's show from a few weeks back? Didn't he play in Vegas? How was it?

Jake R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:anything worth while, guitar playing, music
Glad your well Arion. Sorry to hear about the family situation but hope things get better! Can't wait to see what the future holds for the two of you :thumbsup:

Daniel

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Watching the sky
welcome arion! it is great for real fans of 3eb to talk to members of the band who actually matter. pull a chair, sir!
webmaster | www.kevincadogan.com | ?EB | Bring back George.
Please be kind to all members - click Posted Image on posts that are kind and helpful!

iaguilar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Great to have you back Arion. We missed you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users