video last performance 1/28/2000

• You cannot reply to this topic
90 replies to this topic

Sco.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
That was just amazing to watch. I like the slow-mo at the end, kinda of showing Kevin's last few strums as a member. Could be just me, but the look on Arion's face at the end looks like "wow, last time I'll be playing music with Kevin".... but if that was the case boy was he wrong hahah

Nonetheless, that was really cool to watch. Cant wait to see some more!

JR Bryant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Wow! Amazing! Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda been the best band in the era!

Kevin Cadogan

3EB/XEB Band Member

• Band Member
  • 266 posts
You can see that I am working with a live looping pedal. Those were not widely used back then like they are now. I used a pedal called "the Boomerang". Ironically, the extra guitar layering I produced on Blue ended up providing an argument for Steve to bring in a fifth hired musician for touring. I certainly wanted to maintain the integrity of the four piece live band.

This show was supposed to be small practice gig, after all this was the first public performance of some of these songs!! We were pretty much unrehearsed here. The rehearsals for the tour were to start in the coming weeks.

It was a very intimate venue and It was a very cold night outside. It was the perfect place to end the band.....wait,,, huh?

JR Bryant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Kevin.................I am sure you hear this all the time, but "THANK YOU". Your music has lifted me, rocked me, and changed my view on music in general......I can not tell the memories and fun I have had to YOUR SOUND. Seeing you in 97 & 98 and buying all your music to hear your SICK guitar sound. You have been a staple in me and my wifes life and now in our 2 sons....THANKS!

Edited by JR Bryant, 03 January 2012 - 03:38 PM.

Chris_Europe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks so much for the video... the music sounds like it was meant to be! Sad that this formation of 3eb is over now for 12 years...

Kevin Cadogan

3EB/XEB Band Member

• Band Member
  • 266 posts
The POV is from behind my guitar tech Tony D'leonardo (who's awesome hair you can see in silhouette). My wife was filming from that vantage point. You can see me wink at her a few times during the set. We stayed up late that night listening to "bittersweet symphony" and drinking some quality eggnog. At times like that you know who your friends are and I also happened to know who I was going to marry. Been together 11 wonderful years now. :)

SONIC INTERCEPT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
This is totes mcgoats awesomeness.

Kevin Cadogan

3EB/XEB Band Member

• Band Member
  • 266 posts
Not sure if it was mentioned, but this was the 2 song encore, thats why we are coming back on the stage.

Elberfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Playing Guitar-Cycling-All Types of Music-Reading

The POV is from behind my guitar tech Tony D'leonardo (who's awesome hair you can see in silhouette). My wife was filming from that vantage point. You can see me wink at her a few times during the set. We stayed up late that night listening to "bittersweet symphony" and drinking some quality eggnog. At times like that you know who your friends are and I also happened to know who I was going to marry. Been together 11 wonderful years now. :smile:

Funny you mention "Bittersweet Symphony"---Nick McCabe was one of the only other guys (that I know of) using a looper in a live setting back in the 90s too! In the right hands, those things are a deadly weapon!

Did you guys play an acoustic set at Sundance too? With John Popper sitting in on SCL?

Kevin Cadogan

3EB/XEB Band Member

• Band Member
  • 266 posts

Did you guys play an acoustic set at Sundance too? With John Popper sitting in on SCL?

Yeah, thats right. There was an acoustic show as well the previous day. John Popper gave me his harmonica!! I loved that it was just some regular 5 dollar Hohner and not some fancy thing made out of Brass.

DatSkat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks so much for the footage! Hope to see more.

I was hoping that Kevin would shout out the chorus on 1000 Julys, like he did in the studio version. :tongue:
I had reach but she had flexibility

Kevin Cadogan

3EB/XEB Band Member

• Band Member
  • 266 posts

Thanks so much for the footage! Hope to see more.

I was hoping that Kevin would shout out the chorus on 1000 Julys, like he did in the studio version. :tongue:

I was getting there. I was more comfortable just focusing on the guitar at that point. As I pointed out the band had remarkably few rehearsals that month.

Kevin Cadogan

3EB/XEB Band Member

• Band Member
  • 266 posts
Thanks y'all for the nice comments on the video. Talk soon. Cheers

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:Music is my life.
man. greed is an awful thing.

Glad you rose above it Kevin. I like the little bit of shredding at the end, kind of a "fuck you" to SJ in hindsight. Next time I see you I would like to hear 1000 Julys, please :-) love that song.

Thanks for sharing this :-)
~ be a dream in color even on a winter's night ~

Elberfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Playing Guitar-Cycling-All Types of Music-Reading

Yeah, thats right. There was an acoustic show as well the previous day. John Popper gave me his harmonica!! I loved that it was just some regular 5 dollar Hohner and not some fancy thing made out of Brass.

Cool! I have a recording of that acoustic show and it's one of my favorites! I was never 100% sure if that was you playing on it, but over the years as my ear developed, I could hear the little nuances in the guitar parts that only someone who wrote the music could play.

Was never a fan of Blues Traveler, but it's cool that Popper used an ordinary harmonica. I guess it's the same as every other instrument, where if you hand someone who's "got it" any piece of crap, they can make it sound good.

Anguis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Fly-fishing, KTCK1310, Theology, OFP, cooking, barbecue, camping at national parks with my family, drinking with my wife

We stayed up late that night . . . drinking some quality eggnog. At times like that you know who your friends are and I also happened to know who I was going to marry. Been together 11 wonderful years now. :smile:

Ahhh, yes . . . The simple pleasures!

hokeydope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can't wait to hear the rest of the show! I especially love that you can hardly hear Stephan's vocals, ha! It does make you sad to think of what could have been.

Lauren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for posting. I love how it's focused on Kevin's sound. And to the end.. when it was replayed in slow mo.. just.. yea. Brought a tear.

oceangirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
sweet !

thanks for sharing this with us..what a gift :smile:

Christie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:Music is my life.

And to the end.. when it was replayed in slow mo.. just.. yea. Brought a tear.

Yeah, me too. <3
~ be a dream in color even on a winter's night ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users