3eb recording in London!

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

Jake R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:anything worth while, guitar playing, music
looks like stephan and brad are collaborating with other musicians in uk for a new record.
http://yfrog.com/nh8btz

stevedbassist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thank god its underway

Marchisio8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Two new songs live.

GodofWine13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
I wonder if Motorcycle Drive By was the inspiration behind that first song?.....Ok watched the second one now I wonder if a steaming pile of doberman poop was the inspiration behind that one. Not digging it maybe its the quality,maybe some of you are into it just not for me

Sco.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I have no expectations for this album. It's pretty much a make it or break it and keep it alive type of deal for me, at least not after the mess that, to me, was UM. This album needs to jam and keep me into it, not put me to sleep.

Nickel II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
UM was great until the 5th song and then it all goes downhill super fast.

Sco.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

UM was great until the 5th song and then it all goes downhill super fast.

I'd agree. You just have to ask yourself, "howd the fuck that happen?" ..worst finish to an album I've ever heard. Keeps you upbeat until the 5th song, then they lull you to sleep with the rest. Took 6 years.

ash105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music, football, beer.

looks like stephan and brad are collaborating with other musicians in uk for a new record.
http://yfrog.com/nh8btz

Well why don't they do a couple of little gigs. I know some great venues that I could sort gigs for them
and so it came to pass.....

Jake R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:anything worth while, guitar playing, music

Well why don't they do a couple of little gigs. I know some great venues that I could sort gigs for them

I agree would be good to see them do something as they're so rarely over here, I'm more birmingham way myself but try tweeting them dude see if they're up for a couple of gigs before they head back home.

Marchisio8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I prefer them to finish the record rather than play concerts now.

norrismantooth

Pikachu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:stuff.

http://snd.sc/xJPRm5
who cares? Third Eye Blind is a ghost of what they once were. Not quite the money-making venture it used to be.

the current 3EB is probably the worst 3EB tribute band ever.

Marchisio8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Many cares. If you do not care, then why do you bother to write all the time?

herbinator1620

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Many cares. If you do not care, then why do you bother to write all the time?

Seriously. I'm sick of the bitter hypocrites on this site. Not coming back. Peace.

norrismantooth

Pikachu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:stuff.

http://snd.sc/xJPRm5
Bitter hypocrites? I write because it's relevant to KEVIN and ARION...

I could care less about the current incarnation of Third Eye Blind.

I have spoken.

the current 3EB is probably the worst 3EB tribute band ever.

should_be_working

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Yeah, not meaning to sound like a douche but this is Kevin Cadogan's site, not the assembly 2.0. There are plenty of outlets to discuss the current 3eb, their official site for one and tvcy as another. I just don't see why people want to come here and talk about a band that doesn't include either Kevin or Arion? I get talking about their released material or a live show of theirs, but posting tweets and snippets from the studio... Just doesn't seem like it belongs here.

I don't know, maybe i'm off base, but i don't get it.

lookalivekid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:I dig music, books, touring, Scotch, contrarianism, Oxford commas, and schadenfreude.

Yeah, not meaning to sound like a douche but this is Kevin Cadogan's site, not the assembly 2.0. There are plenty of outlets to discuss the current 3eb, their official site for one and tvcy as another. I just don't see why people want to come here and talk about a band that doesn't include either Kevin or Arion? I get talking about their released material or a live show of theirs, but posting tweets and snippets from the studio... Just doesn't seem like it belongs here.

I don't know, maybe i'm off base, but i don't get it.

It's a part of their history and I'd call it open for discussion.

That said, the vitriol's off-putting and childish. I haven't really been poking around here lately because of it, to be honest.

Par for the course with message boards, I suppose, but we're just talking about music. Pretty silly to get bent out of shape about it on the internet.
Statements, opinions, and so-called "facts" expressed above are solely those of this poster's and do not necessarily reflect the views of rational human beings; you are welcome to wipe your ass with any portion of the post above at your leisure. Libelous and/or obscene comments are encouraged. Persons attempting to find a point in the preceding post will be shot.

Nickel II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Disclaimer - I dislike Jenkins (hate is more like it) probably just as much as anybody.

With that said, the message board does specifically have a section called "Third Eye Blind". It doesn't say "Third Eye Blind - The Kevin Years", it doesn't say "Third Eye Blind - Kevin and Arion Years", it just says "Third Eye Blind". I take that to mean past, present, future.

I'll give them credit where credit is due. OOTV has about 4-5 really great songs, 2-3 good ones, the rest not a fan. UM, already spoke my opinion earlier. The mini EP release they did with non-dairy creamer was OK except for that song that ended up on UM. Will I buy the new 3eb record? If it is cheap to download, yes. I downloaded UM for $3 on sale from Amazon, that was a no brainer.

Anyway, my point is no matter how much I hate Jenkins, I AM still interested in the band and how they sound. I would never go see them live again (inless it was free) and will always be curious about anything they release, good or bad or indifferent.

Summary - The "who cares" comments are pretty lame especially when it comes from moderators who are supposed to keep BS like this in line, not actually instigate it - obviously people care and it is possible to hate Jenkins and still be interested in 3eb and it is possible for some kevin fans to hold nothing against 3eb. If you don't want people talking about Third Eye Blind, get rid of the section. Some of the comments make the board sound no better than the "Kevin is bitter" comments over on TVCY and we all know what that board has turned into.

Should also check out XEB's response to a comment/question on facebook. Something along the lines of "Jenkins and Brad would be welcome to play with Xeb". I don;t know if that is just kindness talking, or if Jenkins was to try to get a reunion going, that Kevin and Arion would actually be friggin into it?

should_be_working

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Let me clarify my last statement. I didn't mean that the current 3eb should be an off limit topic, I just thought that sharing tweets and and videos from the studio felt a little bizarre seeing as this is Kevin's site. It felt more like the assembly than the chorus.

d47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Made a post before on it, and agree that current 3eb posts might not be appropriate on this site, out of respect for kevin

Edited by d47, 19 March 2012 - 04:52 PM.

duckyboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
It's not disrespectful to Kevin to talk about current 3eb. Chorus members are already polite to a fault and do not require this moderation.

Edited by duckyboy, 20 March 2012 - 02:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users